Homes First manages a combined property portfolio of over 8,500 homes and invests almost £20M per annum in maintenance, service contracts, major repairs and improvements. Our service is also growing as the Councils' new investment companies develop new housing covering a range of different tenures and accommodation types.
Working within the Repairs team, you will undertake maintenance surveying and contract administration duties for a portfolio of 8,500 properties. You will ensure that the repairing obligations, adaptations and void works are delivered to a high standard, and in adherence to the terms of tenancy agreements, leases, management agreements and statutory legislative requirements.
Homes First has a varied property portfolio from rural individual properties to flats in busy town centres. The team of Maintenance Surveyors cover property portfolios owned by both Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. The role involves:
- Inspection and diagnosis of defects
- Producing clear specifications, schedules of work and instructions to remedy defects, undertake adaptations and void works.
- Write reports (where necessary) to refer repair work for inclusion in larger major repair programmes
- Supervise works in progress
- Evaluate, approve or reject claims and invoices received from contractors
- Inspect and sign off completed works
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Obtain and evaluate tenders and quotations
- Assist with Insurance claims
- Ensure section 20 notices are issued to leaseholders where necessary
- Monitor and report on the performance of contractors
- Manage works to vacant properties to minimise rent loss.
You will need to be able to diagnose a wide range of defects from an excellent understanding of building pathology, write clear and concise specifications, estimate the cost of works and be experienced with schedule of rates. You must hold a recognised building technical qualification or have relevant experience in a similar role, and possess excellent IT skills. Experienced in supervising repair works, you will need to be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills to ensure high standards of service delivery. It would be beneficial if you have worked for a RSL or lettings agent before.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 10th October 2022
Interview date: 17th / 18th October