Our Family Support team have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, energetic, and enthusiastic Early Years Educator to join our friendly and committed team. We are looking for a team member who has the ability to provide a fun learning environment to encouraging active learning and promote strong parent/carer partnerships.
Based in the Coin Street neighbourhood centre, minutes from Waterloo and Blackfriars stations and on the doorstep of the bustling South Bank, our family and children’s centre put the child at the centre of their unique learning journey and uses our surroundings as a place for real life learning.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Early Years Educator to deliver stimulating and engaging play sessions and to monitor the progress of children. You will need to be comfortable with carrying out 1-2-1 work with families experiencing a range of difficulties, as well as working with other services and organisations to develop interventions.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to a provide fun learning environment where partnerships with families and children can be created
- a recognised Level 3 qualification in childcare or early years education
- A can-do and enthusiastic attitude, who is willing to learn and develop within the role
- Flexibility and creativity, whilst being proactive, responsible, and reliable are a must.
What we do
We provide the opportunities and spaces for people to lead their own change.
Our activities are wide and far reaching. From giving families and children the best start in life through our childcare and family support, to creating and maintaining high quality live, work and play spaces on land which we own.
We promote enterprise, creativity and lifelong learning whether that’s through providing employment, volunteering opportunities, nurturing enterprise or delivering programmes and activities. We provide housing that supports our community; we champion co-operative housing and influence local and national housing policy.
From sports and dance to healthy eating and gardening, we offer a range of facilities and activities accessible to everyone to support health and wellbeing in our community.
In return we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays) pro rata for part time staff
- 8% contributory pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- Health and wellbeing support, including online mental health therapy sessions
- Free gym membership at Colombo, annual flu jabs
- Commitment to training and development