Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Actual salary £9,382.02 pa
Fixed term: To be reviewed (31.08.23)
Start date: As soon as possible/November 2022
We are looking to appoint an Individual Needs Assistant who has experience (at least a year) of working 1:1 with a child who has social, emotional and communications difficulties.
Patcham Junior school is a popular three-form entry primary school in Brighton. We pride ourselves on our positive and inclusive, approach.
About the role
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about working with pupils with special educational needs
- Able to promote high standards of behaviour and a good work ethos by helping to create a supportive, secure, safe and structured learning environment.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience and adaptability when faced with a variety of different situations.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Effective communicators: able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Well organised and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Patient, kind and caring with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team.
- Opportunities for training and further development.
- Support with your Wellbeing
Visits to the school or a phone call about the role are strongly encouraged to find out more about the school and the position available, please telephone 01273 087513 to make an appointment.
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 13th October
Interview date: Friday 21st October
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Ladies Mile Road, Brighton, BN1 8TA, email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 087513
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.