Team: Reablement Administrator (Adult Social Care)
Family: Supporting – CBG5
Salary: £19,650 - £20,043 per annum pro rata
Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Hybrid - Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 9th October 2022
Interview Date: w/c 17th October 2022
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results for our 294,200 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
About the role:
Our Reablement Services Team is a passionate and caring team who support people to return to their homes following a stay in hospital along with two re-enabling units. The reablement service covers the whole of Central Bedfordshire County providing support 7 days a week/365 days a year and the team of administrators work Monday to Friday every week.
We require someone who can be organised, adaptive, and driven to join our team as an Administrator and has experience within a similar role.
You will have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively articulate/retrieve messages and information from a diversity of people to support a fast-paced team.
You will possess good excel skills for the administrative role to deal with spreadsheets efficiently, perform basic calculations, and handle of data collation.
The key responsibilities of our Administrators, include:
- Working in a fast-paced team to supporting all the staff in Community Reablement Service, Occupational Therapists and Step Up/Step Down units at Evergreen & Beech Close
- Competent in using Microsoft Office Package such as TEAMS, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Processing sensitive information in accordance with GDPR 2018.
- Collation of data from a variety of sources to support information processing and meet deadlines.
- Maintain, distribute, and update stock levels such as uniforms, stationery and PPE.
- Dealing with telephone and Microsoft TEAMS enquiries or meetings.
- Taking minutes in meetings when required.
- Organise and arrange events, meetings and activities as requested
- Being flexible and able to prioritise your tasks along with adapting quickly to the change of task if necessary.
- Supporting the team with Service Desk queries including raising tickets if required.
- Scanning paperwork, electronically filing, typing letters/documents, photocopying, using spreadsheets.
- Updating, maintaining, and creating spreadsheets
- Using your initiative to problem solve (respecting procedures and regulations) to make and implement decisions.
Desirable Criteria but not essential:
- GCSE maths and English Grade 4-9, level A-C or equivalent.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good team player
- Recognises Cultural diversity
- Track record of showing initiative and sharing ideas
- Experienced in being positive and consistent
- Accurate record keeper
- Takes accountability for own training and continual professional development
What we can offer you:
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Cireena Palmer at Cireena.Palmer@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk or Charlotte Ferrari: Charlotte.Ferrari@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council reserves the right to close this vacancy before the advertised date if a large number of applications are received. If you would like to apply for this position then please keep information in mind when preparing your application.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.