Social Worker X 3
Older People & Physical Disabilities
West Locality Team
Grade : SW Level 2/3
Salary £33,309 to £43,605
We are looking for outstanding and experienced Social Workers to join our care management team. Alongside making a difference to the lives of families in the London Borough of Enfield, we’re sharing best practice and driving innovation, as we continue to work in partnership with our health colleagues in a move towards Health and Adult Social Care Integration.
We are a dynamic, friendly and supportive team that consists of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Social Care Assessors. We provide support and services to residents of Enfield aged 18+, who live with long-term health conditions; physical disabilities; sensory impairment; old age frailty and illness; and their carers. We also work with vulnerable adults who have no recourse to public funds; young people moving through the Transition Pathway; and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
You will work alongside individuals, their families/ carers, health and other partners, using a person-centered and strengths-based approach, to facilitate timely and proportionate responses to need, taking into account their views, abilities and resources. You will work with them to plan, implement and review actions and outcomes, whilst working towards giving a greater choice, promoting independence and building resilience.
The successful applicant will have sound communication and report writing skills and have experience in undertaking Mental Capacity and Best Interest Assessments; Court of Protection work, Safeguarding Adults procedures; and Continuing Health Care assessments.
The position is full time and hybrid working is available. The successful applicant will have access to comprehensive learning/access to training, a supportive management team and regular supervision. If you share our passion for making a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like an informal discussion or have any queries, please contact Tania.firstname.lastname@example.org 0208 132786 or Janni.Bach-Nielsen@enfield.gov.uk 020 81322249
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 on 28th November 2022
Interview date: TBA
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact email@example.com or call 020 81320346