Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting Support Workers to join the team at our Registered Care home, Colham
Road. Colham Road is a CQC registered residential home for 13 adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. The home provides a warm, caring and stimulating environment in which our service users
are able to develop skills and achieve maximum quality of life.
You will provide day to day care and support to each individual resident to offer a warm, safe
environment within the home planned care for each resident, ensuring their comfort and welfare
needs are met. You will also ensure that departmental policies, the operational policy of the home
and the essential standards of quality and safety are achieved.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will engage effectively with
service users, providing individual support and advice, and implementing care plans. You will be
committed to treating residents with dignity and respect in all aspects of support you provide.
Previous experience of working with people with learning or physical disabilities is essential for this
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.