Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting a dedicated Night Support Worker to join the team at our Registered Care home, Colham Road. Colham Road is a CQC registered residential home for 13 adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. The home provides a warm, caring and stimulating environment in which our service users are able to develop skills and achieve maximum quality of life.
You will have three years' experience working with adults with physical and learning disabilities. You must be determined, empathetic and committed to making a difference to our service users' lives.
The role is to provide full assistance to our residents as a waking night support worker, you will be required to take a person-centred approach to ensure residents have control and choice over their care. Understanding that our residents needs, and aspiration are different, and it's important that staff shape care around the residents, which is meaningful to them.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.