To start in January 2023. Fixed term contract for one year.
Please note that this advert includes two separate positions. St Helen's Church of England Primary School are looking for a candidate to be appointed to a Midday Meal Supervisor and Teaching Assistant position.
St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School is a friendly, single form entry, voluntary controlled school situated in the village of Cliffe on the Hoo Peninsula. We enjoy a peaceful, village location in a one storey building with extensive grounds, located just minutes from the M2.
Our school motto is “Love to learn, learning to love, all different, all equal” and this is reinforced by the Christian ethos that underpins the school’s values.
We are at the heart of our community and use the strong links we have built up to provide context and depth to our wider learning objectives.
The children are proud of their school and their community and at St. Helen’s, we provide a safe and productive learning environment for them to thrive and grow into confident contributing members of the community. We encourage our children to learn alongside and from each other. We seize upon cross curricular opportunities and make the most of our school grounds and village setting for supporting cross curricular learning to ensure that learning is memorable and fun.
D2 Point 4–11 (£19,264 to £22,129 per annum pro rata)
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work 16.25 hours per week who is:
- Experienced at working with children of all abilities and age groups to help them reach their potential
- Able to work collaboratively, but can also act with initiative
- Able to make or modify resources as suggested by the class teacher, SENCo
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
In return we can offer you:
- Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- A vibrant staff team
- Beautiful grounds and excellent resources
- Continuing Professional Development
- Supportive and caring parents and governors that want the best for our children
In addition to the Teaching Assistant, we also require a Midday Meals Supervisor to work 5 hours per week.
Midday Meals Supervisor
E2 Point 1-3 (£18,333 to £18,887 per annum pro rata)
- As part of a team, be responsible for supervising and maintaining positive behaviour of children during the lunchtime break.
- Ensure that children eat their meals safely and behave appropriately in all areas of the school (indoors and outside in play areas).
- Ensure that children wash their hands before they eat
- Ensure that children move calmly inside the building and are in the dining hall at the correct time
- Assist younger children, at the servery counter, with the proper use of cutlery and help them cut up their food when necessary
- Supervise children in the dining room including the cleaning of tables and removal of food/water that is spilt
- Ensure children eat their food and exit the dining hall after eating their meal
- Supervise children eating food brought from home and ensure that all packed lunch equipment is cleared away after use
- Report to the class teacher or a member of the Senior Leadership Team any child whose diet may give rise for concern
- Set suitable behaviour standards in line with school policy, dealing with incidents of unacceptable behaviour and referring matters to the class teacher or a member of the Senior Leadership Team if required
- Help children acquire social skills
- Take charge of groups of children in the playground or the classroom, depending on the weather
- Devise and initiate constructive play opportunities for children
- Ensure that children remain within a safe environment and that they play safely
- Attend to minor accidents and seek appropriate assistance if necessary
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01634 220246.
To find out more about our school please visit our website http://www.sthelens.medway.sch.uk or contact the Head Teacher (01634 220246) for an informal discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 28th November
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
A copy of the School's Safeguarding Policy and Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy is available to read below.