This Vacancy has closed.
Technical Support Officer - Minute Taker
  • Employer: London Borough of Hillingdon
  • Reference: CRS00144
  • Published: Wed 02/11/2022, 4:17 AM
  • Closing on: Fri 02/12/2022, 4:17 AM
  • Working Pattern: Full Time
  • Hours: 36 hours
  • Salary: £25578 - £26985 per annum
  • DBS Check: No
  • Location: To be confirmed

More Information

Technical Support Officer - Minute Taker

About us

Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.

About the role

Do you like working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement and personal initiative are valued?

If so, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Business and Technical Support Team. We are a dynamic team, and we go above and beyond for our residents. The role will see the successful candidate working as part of one of our teams, supporting the Technical Support Coordinator with the various administrative tasks and delivering to SLA's. This means ensuring all requests for support are dealt with to the highest standards.

This role is primarily around providing minute taking and administrative support to our social care teams, for example Child Protection Case Conferences, Fostering and Adoption Panels, LADO's, Permanency Planning Meetings (PPM's) and other high-profile meetings. This role is predominately made up of minute taking, making up around 70% of the role. The remaining 30% of the role is made up of administrative tasks.

In addition, the role can also involve updating databases, resolving financial queries, document management, supporting social work teams, internal and external communication and working with a range of IT systems.

About you

The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and flexible person who is self-motivated, with a positive attitude and committed to Putting Our Residents First.

You will have exceptional attention to detail, the ability to meet statutory deadlines, prioritise your workload, possess the tenacity to 'get the job done' and the ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.

With a sound knowledge of basic IT systems such as Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, you will preferably have previous experience of minute taking and familiar with administrative tasks. We are looking for someone who is able to adapt to a fast-paced environment, flexible and works well under pressure.

What we offer

We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:

  • local government average salary pension scheme
  • free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
  • a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
  • generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
  • career breaks
  • flexible working hours
  • season ticket loan
  • access to a Credit Union
  • access to a wide range of training and courses
  • discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
  • payment of professional fees where these are required
  • discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
  • cycle purchase scheme
  • car sharing scheme
  • 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses

Additional information

You are required to demonstrate strong examples of how you meet the job requirements and person specification. Please include your current CV in your application however please note that a CV alone will not be accepted.

Please ensure that you have addressed all of the application criteria from the person specification in your responses, using each as a heading for your individual responses. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview and a short minute taking test as part of the selection process.

For any further information or questions about the role, please email Matthew Dee .