An opportunity has arisen for a senior practitioner to join the fostering service. You will work with children and families in a variety of diverse and complex contexts, contributing to the delivery of a highly effective Children’s Service.
You will be responsible for a caseload of complex cases managing a complex caseload. You will also be accountable for the practice of student social workers on placement, as well and providing day to day support, advice and mentoring to other staff within the team.
You will work with foster carers, children and families to support vulnerable service users ensuring the needs of the child remain paramount.
Reporting directly to a Team Manager, you will benefit from regular individual and group supervision. You will also be supported to develop your skills and expertise at every stage of your career.
In addition to the basic salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support including -
- A basic salary of £40,568 - £45,376 per annum
- An annual market allowance of £3,000 per annum. Payable in monthly payments.
- A retention payment of £2,000 per annum. This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following two years’ service in Medway.
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work – CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England.
- You will be working towards your PEPS or be willing to undertake.
- You will have successfully completed your ASYE and have a minimum of 3 years’ practice as a social worker working with children and families.
- You will have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
For further details on the role please contact Amanda Steer, Team Manager 01634 337396
Please click on the link at the bottom of the advert to apply online.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Children’s DBS Check.