Fixed term until 31st July 23 but could be extended beyond this point
To start January 2023 or earlier
16.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 12.00pm - Term time only
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic individual to join our team at Thameside to support SEN children with social and emotional needs and challenging behaviour.
The role of Positive Behaviour Mentor would suit someone who is able to build a strong rapport with young people and engage children with play and learning. You must be resilient, calm and be able to de-escalate a situation.
Alongside other teaching professionals, you would be working to enable pupils to make progress in their learning, social skills and ability to self-regulate within an inclusive and progressive small class setting.
You must be willing to work with children independently on a one to one basis.
The ideal candidate will preferably have some experience in working with children with SEND and/or children with social and emotional challenges.
We need someone who has excellent communication skills, is highly motivated and is able to work confidently as part of a team.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate they have experience or awareness of working with children with SEND needs.
- Be skilled at building positive and respectful relationships with children, parents & colleagues
- Have a great sense of humour and can speak confidently to children at their level
- Be an enthusiastic team player who is willing and able to share ideas and expertise
- Be keen to develop their own learning and try out new initiatives
- Be an inspirational role model who motivates all children to do and be their very best
- Be committed to ensuring that every child may flourish and reach their full potential
- Establish trusting relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs and personalities.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with school policies and a child’s individual care and learning plan, encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment and assist with the display of pupil's work
- Engage and support individual pupils and groups in their learning
- Providing progress updates to SENCo and parents at the end of the school day.
If you want to work with a great team and help children flourish, please apply!
If you are interested please contact the School Business Manager for an application pack on email@example.com or download from www.thamesideprimary.co.uk, About Us, Come & Work for us! Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 28th November 2022
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 29th November 2022
Interview date: Early December, tbc.