1 to 1 SEND Teaching Assistant Level 2
About the school
Woodlands Primary School and Nursery are proud to serve our local community. We welcome children of all backgrounds. We work together closely with our children's families to achieve the best for each child. Woodlands Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and safer recruitment checks.
About the Role
The Governors of Woodlands Primary School are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 2 asap to work on 1:1 basis with a child in Reception in order to support their academic progress and personal development.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
- Has experience of working within a mainstream setting supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Genuine in their desire to work with children
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work within a team
- Able to set high expectations for themselves and children
The person should have a recognised teaching assistant qualification or teaching degree and be someone who is keen to work in an educational setting and has previous school based experience.
The post is fixed term, on an annual basis, as they are subject to SEN High Needs funding for specific children.
The hours of work are 12:30pm to 3:30pm Monday to Friday Term Time only (38 weeks).