Wistaston Church Lane Academy
Wistaston Church Lane Academy are seeking to appoint a dedicated, hardworking, enthusiastic, happy, flexible, reliable and honest assistant Site Manager.
Key duties will include:
- Maintain the school building, including effecting repairs and improvements in order to fulfil the school’s specific responsibilities. Undertake minor repairs (electrical, plumbing, glazing, joinery) as necessary.
- Monitor and operate the engineering system and advise management of any faults in order to ensure the most economical use of fuel and water.
- Discuss with and monitor the work of contractors engaged by school to ensure specified standards are achieved.
- Monitor, operate and maintain appropriate site security systems, including opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the school day, lettings outside school hours and responding to call outs as necessary in order to provide satisfactory security arrangements.
- Maintain and monitor Health and Safety standards, reporting any failures to comply with the school’s statutory obligations in this area and ensure that contractor’s work meets Health and safety Regulations.
- Organise and carry out portering and cleaning duties (including the moving of heavy furniture) which will secure the most efficient use of resources.
- Order supplies in order to maintain the necessary stock of appropriate resources.
- Carry out banking duties as required.
- Carry out other duties appertaining to the use of the premises as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with the reasonable requirements of the Head Teacher.
- Other duties as required
Please note that this position is full year, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement.
The working days will be Monday – Friday start and finish times to be confirmed. This is 37 hours per week. 7.5 hours per day.
The pay grade for the position is Grade 4 - £21,575
The closing date for application is Tuesday 31st January at 1.00pm.
Preferably, applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org but could be posted to Mrs Jackie Hulme, Wistaston Church Lane Academy, Church Lane, Wistaston, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 8EZ.