Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Hours: 25 per week, - working pattern can be negotiated
Monday to Friday, term time, plus 2 weeks in the school holidays per annum
Start date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised and highly motivated Finance Assistant to join our team. The successful applicant will have the ability to undertake financial administration duties including invoicing, ordering, monthly reconciliations, financial reporting and managing the bookings for school trips.
About the role
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy, customer facing, office environment, preferably within a school setting.
- Excellent short and long term planning skills, enabling you to prioritise and manage your own workload to deliver within agreed deadlines.
- The ability to be flexible in order to support the wider school needs and objectives.
- A good working knowledge of ICT programmes including word and excel, and SIMS/FMS (preferable).
- High standards of work and attention to detail.
- The ability to remain calm in pressured situations.
- A compassionate and caring approach to working with children, parents/carers and colleagues.
We can offer you:
- A happy, positive, vibrant working environment.
- An inclusive school with a wide and diverse community.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development.
You will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 29th November
Interview date: To be confirmed
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Bankside, Brighton, BN1 5GN, email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 916618
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.