Hammersmith & Fulham is rated nationally by Ofsted as one of the top Local Authorities, we never stop moving forward. Our ambition is to focus even more on increasing the quality of our practice and the work with children, young people, and families to sustain positive change. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision.
We are looking for an experienced Ofsted Registered Manager for our specialist children’s home for children with disabilities which Ofsted has rated as ‘Good’. We support up to 7 children/ young people per night with ASD and challenge behaviours or high medical needs. Our focus is on stable quality long term placements to assist children to achieve their full potential.
Ideally you will have managed a similar home before. You will need experience and knowledge of children’s homes regulations. You will be skilled at working closely in partnership with families and professionals. You will have excellent communication and people management skills as well as a strong systems and audit background.
If this describes you, but your specialism is not children with disabilities, please still apply as we can assist candidates to develop that knowledge.
To be Ofsted Registered Manager delivering services which are fully compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements particularly The Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards 2015 and amendment 2018.
- Undertake tasks appropriate to the registered manager as identified in the regulatory requirements associated with Ofsted registration and the home’s statement of purpose
- Ensure the home is Ofsted ready at all times and aim to achieve and maintain an Ofsted rating of at least Good, with Outstanding being the goal within 3 years.
- Keep up to date with information relating to any legislative changes and disseminate this information throughout the service as required, including policy revisions.
- Ensure all safeguarding risks are minimised and any issues are acted on immediately to the appropriate agencies including; Service Manager, Ofsted, LADO, families, allocated social workers as appropriate
- Design, implement and monitor standards of care practice, including manual handling, personal care and behavioural management, to ensure high quality service delivery standards within the staff team.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Becky Powell, Service Manager via email on BECKY.POWELL@LBHF.GOV.UK
Interview date: 13 December 2022.