An exciting opportunity has come up to join our team at St Mary's Catholic Primary!
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic SEND Teaching Assistant, to join our hard working and supportive team.
St Mary's is a successful and happy school, combining a caring Catholic ethos with enthusiastic learners. Children's behaviour is outstanding due to our commitment to high expectations and a positive approach to learning.
You will work in a warm, friendly and caring environment, and play an essential role in our team, in order to help our children achieve their best.
As part of St Mary’s team, you will be responsible for supporting children’s development through the provision of a safe, enriched and stimulating child-centred learning. You will support the teacher with the planning and teaching of the curriculum, using assessment outcomes to provide next steps, to extend and holistically support children’s development.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide 1:1 and group pupil support;
- Be a qualified Teaching Assistant;
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about supporting children’s development;
- Be experienced in supporting children with SEND;
- Be able to use specialist SEN skills/training/experience to support children’s needs;
- Be committed to the school's high standards of teaching, learning and pastoral care;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, with the ability to monitor and record a child’s progress.
- An inclusive and caring ethos;
- Enthusiastic, well-motivated and happy children;
- Welcoming and supportive staff;
- A well-resourced school;
- Exceptional opportunities for professional development;
- A wider professional learning community;
- A supportive Governing Body;
- A caring school and parish community.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement, please call the School Office: 01634 855783 to make an appointment.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding pupils, any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references, health check and Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and proof of right to work in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Interview dates are currently to be confirmed.