Ideally required from January 2023 (although an April start could be negotiable for the right candidate)
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher to lead SEND Provision across our large primary school
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher responsible for Inclusion. The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner with the ability to lead SEND provision across our school from Nursery to Year 6, and to play an active role on our SLT.
The AHT for Inclusion will lead the pastoral team which comprises of a part time SENCo, Family Support Manager and Learning Mentor, as well as line managing a large team of Teaching Assistants.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:-
- Suitability to work with children
- A sound understanding of strategies for removing barriers to learning and be able to demonstrate these in practice in the classroom
- Experience, skills and knowledge about SEND and inclusion
- Proven leadership skills, and be a professional role model
- An up to date understanding of the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice and hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordinators
- Knowledge and experience of being a DSL
In return, Fairview offers:
- well behaved and motivated children who are willing to learn;
- the support of a good and hard working staff team;
- a well resourced, vibrant school;
- a creative curriculum;
- a range of opportunities for professional development and
- a team of experienced and highly motivated Teaching Assistants
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check as well as other safer recruitment procedures which will include an online search. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Visits to the school are welcomed and if you would like to discuss the role further with the Headteacher, please contact Julie Trundle, School Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone the school office (01634 338710).