WANTED: A competent, experienced and suitably qualified Environmental Health Officer who is highly motivated, flexible and capable of dealing with a busy and varied workload.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Neighbourhoods Service for a dynamic individual to work in a forward thinking service with a great reputation.
Rushcliffe Borough Council is an award winning Council and has been recognised for its entrepreneurial culture. As such we are seeking an individual with a passion for thinking and working outside of the normal statutory enforcement activities, taking on the lead for our growing Primary Authority portfolio and commercialisation.
You must be competent to deliver the full range of “Official Controls” for Food Hygiene, as detailed in the Food Standards Agency Food Law Code of Practice. In addition, you will be required to carry out reactive work that will include food safety, health & safety and sampling as well as providing support and guidance to technical staff.
The service has been recognised for its innovative approach to flexible and remote working and so the post offers the unrivalled ability to have an excellent home and work life balance. This opportunity offers the ability for someone looking to utilise or develop their private sector experience within a public sector environment.
Our Environmental Health team are primarily based in our modern offices at Rushcliffe Arena in West Bridgford, with the option of hybrid working.
Benefits of working for Rushcliffe Borough Council include:
- Working in new purpose-built offices
- Reduced membership fees at our Leisure Centers
- Rushcliffe Rewards- save money across a range of retailers and leisure providers
- Free car parking
- Enhanced Annual leave and Sick Pay
- Eye Care Vouchers for Specsavers
- The Local Government pension scheme
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle to work and car lease scheme
- Opportunities to work remotely and flexibly
- An opportunity to further your career with a high performing forward looking Authority with training to support CPD and personal development
- Buy and sell annual leave schemes
You can also request an application form by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning Nottingham (0115) 914 8268.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Phil Scotney on 0115 9148242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews date: w/c 12th December