Waking Night Support & Concierge Worker - St Claires
Fixed Term Contract for 6 months - 21 hours per week
About the role
St. Claire`s provides temporary accommodation and support for up to ten individuals who have become homeless and are waiting for St Albans District Council to assess their housing application and/or move-on options.
Shifts are 10pm - 4am working 4 shifts one week then 3 shifts the week after on a rolling rota.
As a Waking Night Support & Concierge Worker, you will deliver a responsive service throughout the night in order to support vulnerable service users and ensure their safety & security.
- Working as part of a team, we provide support to individuals who have become homeless and have varying needs.
- You will take responsibility for staying awake throughout the night to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our service users whilst providing a front of house presence and ensuring the security of the accommodation.
- You will respond appropriately to support needs, risk, accidents, incidents, complaints and emergencies that arise during the night. You will seek support or guidance from colleagues, on-call or other professionals as required.
- You will undertake tasks throughout the night as required including building checks and domestic tasks. You will ensure health and safety is paramount including managing the building and supporting residents.
- Waking night workers will work in a manner that promotes respect, individuality, choice and rights of our service users. You will support the service users as per their individual support plans, ensuring you take a person centred approach and work in a trauma informed way, putting our service users first.
Supporting individuals can often be challenging but incredibly rewarding. Patience, compassion, resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role where you can make a difference to a service users life.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to join the St Claires scheme in St Albans, which provides temporary accommodation to individuals that have become homeless. This is in an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team who are determined to help individuals reach their potential and move towards independent lives.
Were keen to recruit individuals who care about supporting people to achieve their aspirations and goals, as well as understanding, promoting and embracing our values:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values and our passion for supporting people, wed love you to work for us.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £13,791pa for a 21 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the link below and complete an online application form.
Please click below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Tuesday 13th December 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 20th December 2022
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.