35 Hours per week,
39 weeks per year (term time plus INSET days)
8.30am - 4.00pm including 30 minutes unpaid lunchbreak each day
Fixed term (2 years, with the opportunity to be made permanent subject to the needs of the school and its pupils)
1st January 2023 (or sooner by mutual agreement)
As a member of the academy’s support staff team you will be responsible for supporting the development of all children, including those with SEN/D and for whom English is an additional language, supporting their knowledge, understanding and skills across all areas of learning.
This may be supporting children on a one-to-one basis who have an Education, Health, and Care Plan (EHCP) who require significant intervention, supporting small groups or delivering interventions and additional support to children as needed.
This will be a flexible role which could be working with all children across the academy, from Early Years (aged 4) to Key Stage 2 (aged 11).
The role also includes supervising children during break and lunchtimes, both inside and outdoors.
What we’re looking for: We welcome applications from candidates with experience from educational or other relevant childcare backgrounds.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be expected to either hold, or be prepared to undertake if needed, a full and relevant Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in Childcare as required to work flexibly across the Early Years, although this is not a requirement of the role.
We also welcome applications for graduates who are looking to gain experience before enrolling onto a teacher-training programme.
The successful candidate will have:
• The motivation and passion to achieve the very best for the children with additional needs in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
• A good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage and/or a good understanding of the Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 curriculum
• A good understanding of the range of additional needs that pupils can have and how best to support them
• The ability to work independently and with initiative, as well as part of a wider team
• A ‘can-do’ approach to all aspects of academy life
• A willingness to undertake professional development and grow their skills
• Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
In return we can offer:
✓A commitment to you and your professional development
✓ Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
✓ A growing learning community
✓ Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
We hope you will take the time to find out more about our new academy and experience our warm welcome.
For further information about the role, or to arrange an informal discussion or come and take a look around with a member of the leadership team, please contact Cathy McKenzie, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 937 5481.
Visit the school website to find out more - https://www.thepalmeracademy.com
Closing Date: Monday 12th December 2022
Interviews: w/c 12th & 19th December 2022