Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
There are a number of posts available.
The hourly rate for this post is £24.91 (unqualified rate) - £28.07 per hour (qualified rate).
Our Adult Learning Service is keen to recruit enthusiastic Sessional Tutors to deliver high quality adult learning. Currently we are recruiting Tutors with experience of delivering courses on the following subjects:
- Community Interpreting
- Sewing and Textiles
- Dance (including Ballroom, Latin and Bollywood)
- British Sign Language
- Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Early Years
- Adult with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities
- Creative Writing
- IT Skills in Web Design and Element, Programming and Cyber Security
The service offers specialist learning throughout the borough within our 4 main centres and various community locations, all in line with our Education Skills Funding Agency Contract, and to meet the needs of our residents.
Tutors will contribute to the planning and development of learning programmes delivering high quality sessions to learners in alignment with relevant standards, enabling our learners to effectively track their progress and achieve their proposed learning outcomes.
You should be able to travel to any of our 4 centres within the borough and will need to hold a subject specific qualification in your chosen field and an appropriate teaching qualification, or be prepared to achieve one within your first year of service.
Please note if you are applying for; Maths, English or ESOL tutor it is a requirement you hold a teaching qualification.
We are looking for individuals that have a sound knowledge base within their chosen specialist area, and are able to demonstrate an ability to work well with people, whilst being able to methodically conduct, organise and deliver adult learning sessions.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.