Job Title: Admin Support Officer
Location: St Albans Register Office
Starting Salary: £21,575 progressing to a maximum of £24,054 (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 18.5 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
We are looking to recruit a Support Officer to provide a reception service and administrative support to the St Albans Register Office. The Register Office offers a range of statutory and ceremonial services including the registration of births, deaths, civil partnerships and marriages.
The role is based on the reception desk and works closely with the Senior Registration Officer and Registration Officers in the day to day running of the office.
- To meet and greet the public attending registration appointments and ceremonial services.
- To update the computerised booking system and deal with essential administrative duties prior to the Registration or ceremony taking place.
- To deal with all general enquiries relating to Registration Services from the public in person and via telephone and email.
- To assist the Senior Registration Office with all administrative duties in relation to the running of the ceremonies office and other day to day administrative duties
St Albans is a popular venue for ceremonies of all types and as such is always extremely busy especially during the wedding season. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to train as a ceremonies Registrar and potentially work on the weekend ceremonies rota.
You will be required to use an electronic booking system and internet based Registration On-line, therefore competent IT skills, including Microsoft Office are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team of Registration Officers in a busy office with extensive interaction with members of the public.
Closing Date: 4th December 2022
Interview Date: 20th December 2022
For an informal discussion and more information please contact:Tom Godfrey 07580 744343
Benefits of Working for HCC:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: As part of the application, you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and asked to answer 4 key questions. This is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge, and experience match what we are looking. If you do not provide answers to the questions and upload to your application, your application will be rejected.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.