To start as soon as possible.
10 Hours per week worked 7.00am to 9.00am each weekday,
All year round - Permanent post
Additional hours available during school holidays to assist with projects or gardening works.
We are looking for a flexible and reliable Site officer to help us maintain this fantastic Centre to a high standard both inside and out and ensure a safe environment for children and staff.
Norcot Early Years Centre is a friendly, diverse, successful Early Years centre in Tilehurst, Reading. We have a nursery school and day care on site, housed over 3 buildings.
Our staff teams are highly motivated and committed to care for and educate our happy, enthusiastic children so that they achieve their full potential.
Main duties and responsibilities are:
- Ensure the site and gardens are safe and tidy at all times including litter picking, sweeping strimming etc.
- Communicate any Health and Safety concerns to Senior Management Team.
- Locking and unlocking all three buildings
- Daily fire exit/escape checks and disabling alarms on opening the site
- Fire safety and emergency light checks
- Weekly/monthly/quarterly legionella checks
- Carrying out routine maintenance tasks. This may involve building small flat pack furniture
- Coordinate delivery and distribution of milk and goods around the Centre.
We are looking for someone who can be flexible using your time to supervise any works happening in the Centre during the school holidays undertake any tasks not suitable to be carried out during term-time and make regular checks on site safety.
Training can be provided to support you in the various tasks.
We can offer you:
- A supportive and professional workplace with a strong leadership team.
- COSHH training, Safeguarding and Health & Safety training courses will be given to support this post.
- Free access to the local authorities Employee Assistance Programme
- Local government pension scheme
This Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidates.
We welcome candidates to book a visit to the Centre. For further details and an application pack, please or email email@example.com or phone 0118 937 5677 or visit: https://www.norcotearlyyearscentre.co.uk
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews individually arranged.