Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 8,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £120 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Scheme Managerat our services, Cressex Road,in High Wycombe where we provide supported living for people with learning and physical disabilities.This ishometo six people aged between 34 and 91 years of age who each have their own en-suite room. The service users attend a range of day services and community opportunities 3 to 5 days a week
As a Scheme Manager you will be part of the Management Team and will be responsible for the day to day running of the scheme. Duties will include holding staff supervisions, setting the schemes budget and ensuring the scheme works within its budget. You will oversee support provided to ensure it is delivered on time and to all service users as per their agreed support plans to achieve an excellent standard of outcomes for our service users. As a Scheme Manager you will be required to participate on the management on-call Rota.
As a Scheme Manager you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a track record of promoting inter-agency work with colleagues.
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. You will also be central to service delivery and at times take a hands on approach. The post is on a permanent basis.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services. You will have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and will have some experience of managing staff.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £29,076 pa for a 37.5 hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.