Democratic and Electoral Services is seeking an Electoral Services Officer to assist with the work of the Electoral Services team. This will include supporting the Electoral Services Manager to ensure that the election process is well managed, transparent and accessible to voters, as well as maintaining the register of electors throughout the year.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has solid administrative experience and can show either some experience in the area of elections or electoral registration work or can show experience in an area of work where processes and procedures have to be followed, and accuracy is critical.
If you’re someone who is looking for a role that needs attention to detail, you know how to use and apply legislation and procedures to your area of work, and you can bring good time management, planning and organising, communication and customer care abilities with a methodical mindset, then this could be the chance you’ve been waiting for.
The authority values training highly and would support the successful applicant to undertake relevant courses with the Association of Electoral Administrators following sufficient build-up of experience.
Working outside of normal hours and occasional weekends would be a feature of the role at certain times of the year, as would having access to a car.
Benefits Include :
- 22 days annual leave (pro rated) increasing to 27 days after 5 years' continuous service
- Access to Pension Scheme with 17.6% employer contribution
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP Services
- Flexibility: The Council operates a hybrid working model with opportunities to work from home and in an office environment, and a flexible working policy subject to the business needs being met.
- Personal Development: Invaluable training opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Access to VDU Eye Tests
To find out more take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification below. For an informal discussion about this post, you can contact Jane Clarke, Head of Policy and Governance, on Jane.Clarke@tunbridgewells.gov.uk.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 11 December 2022
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 15 December 2022