Are you a highly skilled, enthusiastic planning professional looking for a new challenge? Or perhaps you want to take the next step in your career?
We’ve got a great opportunity for two planning professionals to play a key role in our Development team, in roles which are:
- Interesting and extremely rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for those who like to work on their own initiative, managing their own varied and interesting caseload, with no two days the same.
- Made for those who thrive on interesting planning challenges.
- Designed to help develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for people who like to work flexibly, with a lively, dynamic, friendly, and supportive team of planning professionals.
- Perfect for creative, enthusiastic, and dynamic people.
About the roles
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique and interesting planning challenges we face in our district. The successful applicants will play a key role in this transformation, working alongside our team of planning professionals, helping deliver decisions as a key aspect of our planning service.
The successful candidate will take a key role within our well-established and supportive planning development management team - dedicated to ensuring that we delivery high quality and place shaping development that safeguards rural and residential amenity.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate judgment and initiative; have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a desire to develop experience of delivering high quality development outcomes. It is essential that you have the ability to work as part of a team, using your own initiative to problem solve and effectively manage your case work and deliver recommendations in a timely fashion.
As part of a busy team, you will be responsible for visiting and researching sites and premises and making informed recommendations. We’re looking for someone who is motivated, dynamic, enthusiastic, and innovative - who will complement our committed, friendly, and professional team in contributing to the creation and maintenance of the high-quality built and rural environment
The role supports hybrid working arrangements.
The appointment will be commensurate with experience.
We would also consider a planner at the beginning of their career and offer a fantastic opportunity to gain practical experience and to develop a strong foundation for a career within the Built Environment.