Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Start date: December 2022
St Mary’s is a warm and welcoming one form entry primary school on the outskirts of Brighton. We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our happy and friendly school in a very rewarding role, supporting teaching and learning in a Key Stage 2 classroom.
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to relate to children and support teaching and learning
- Be capable and flexible
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Have good numeracy/literacy/ICT skills
- Be an enthusiastic member of our team who can work flexibly and independently, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Be committed to promoting the ethos of our school
Desirable skills, abilities and experience:
- Experience of working with Key Stage 2 children
- NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Ability to relate to children and adults, in particular, to engage sympathetically with children with SEN
St Mary’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be appointed upon completion of an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept a Curriculum Vitae as a form of application.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For more information or to arrange a visit please contact the office on 01273 418416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be made on the CES Application Form Provided. Please return completed application forms to St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Church Road, Portslade, BN41 1LB or email to email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 1st December
Interview date: Tuesday 6th December
Telephone: 01273 418416
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.