Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative individual who will be working in an administration role. You will be supporting Financial Assessments, Direct Payments and Payments teams for Adult Social Care who assist our most vunerable residents in the borough.
You should be capable of working in an accurate and organised way and have a good eye for detail.
As part of a busy team, it is essential that you can work well under pressure, meet deadlines, achieve challenging service performance targets and adopt a flexible approach. You will assist on improvements to make the team more efficient.
We make extensive use of Information Technology and therefore you must be computer literate with a very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally Mosaic (core system) but not essential as Mosaic training will be provided.
You will help to provide an efficient, cost effective, and quality focused service enabling effective delivery to our Adult Social Care customers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- A commitment to embracing change.
- The ability to interpret, extract and assess important information.
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and take ownership as well as working as part of a team.
- Working with colleagues to achieve service performance targets.
- Good IT skills.
- An understanding of the relevant legislation (Care Act 2014), and experience of dealing with complaints would be beneficial.
Closing date: 11th December 2022, 11pm
Interview date: TBC
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.