37 hours per week
Closing Date: 4th December 2022
Interview: 14th December 2022
Winchester is a vibrant heritage destination with world class attractions and architecture! You will work within the Benefits and Welfare Team which is based in the heart of this historic city.
The Benefits and Welfare Team process new and change of circumstances claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction customers.
You will work within a high performance team that has a culture of empowerment, partnership working and stakeholder engagement and you will support customers who have a wide range of challenging circumstances.
IT literate, you will have excellent communication, numerical and customer service skills which will be supported by an organised and self-motivated approach and the ability to meet performance targets that measure a high standard of accuracy, productivity and time-sensitive related work. You will be enthusiastic and a team player and will acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of all the relevant legislation in order to ensure that records are updated correctly and advice is provided accurately.
A background in Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction is desirable but not essential.
Winchester is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Salary up to £31,099 per annum
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Up to 33 days annual leave per year
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year which includes an additional 1.5 days leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For further information about the role and requirements please see the Job Description.