We have created a new post of panel advisor to join our fostering service on a part time basis (26 hours per week).
You will -
- Be required to provide professional advice to the fostering and permanency panels and to the agency decision maker on relevant statutory requirements, regulations, and national minimum standards.
- Be responsible for quality assuring all documents being presented to fostering panel, to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Be expected to work closely with the panel chair ensuring that appropriately experienced and qualified panel members are recruited and inducted and that they receive training and annual appraisals.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues across Children’s Services.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will benefit from regular individual and group supervision. You will also be supported to develop your skills and expertise at every stage of your career.
We are proud to offer an excellent benefits package and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support including -
- A basic salary of £40,568 - £45,376 per annum for a full time appointment
- A retention payment of £3,000. This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following two years’ service in Medway.
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office)
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work – CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England.
- You will be able to confidently demonstrate knowledge of the relevant legislative framework, specifically Fostering Services (England) regulations 2011 and 2013, Fostering Services National Minimum Standards 2011 and Care Planning, placement and case review regulations 2010.
- You will have substantial experience of quality assuring fostering/adoption reports and preparing for submission to the agency decision maker.
- You will have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
For further details on the role please contact Natalie Lohneis, Service Manager on 07800 502928
Please click on the link at the bottom of the advert to apply online.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
Interviews will be held on 14 December 2022 (pm)
This position is subject to an Enhanced Children’s DBS Check.