Lead early years educator
Sheringham Nursery School
London E12 5PB
0208 553 2479
Qualified - Scale SO1: £26,922 - £27,778 pro-rata (inflation increase pending)
36 hours per week, term time only
‘I have really appreciated my years of employment at Sheringham and the opportunities it brought me. I've learnt some great skills throughout my career and I've had the pleasure to work with some great people. I learnt so much from those around me. Every person has taught me something.’
Recent staff member who gained a promotion.
Sheringham is a highly successful Newham Nursery School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. We have children on roll aged 2, 3 and 4-years old.
We are recruiting for a candidate who will lead one of the teams in our 2 year old provision, where we have 52 children on roll.
You will need to have qualifications to degree level in early education/early childhood studies (or equivalent), with successful EYFS experience in a school or setting. You might be experienced or newly qualified.
• Are you a well-qualified early years practitioner with enthusiasm, energy and commitment to high quality early years education?
• Do you have a sound understanding of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage, and a strong commitment to children learning through play, inside and outdoors?
• Are you positive about working in partnership with families in our diverse, multi-lingual community?
• Can you promote the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities?
• be skilled at listening to children and having conversations with them
• love playing with children and spending time outdoors with them in all weathers
• be able to promote children’s learning through our broad curriculum
• be able to maintain children’s journals using ‘Tapestry’ to a high standard
• be skilled and confident in working with parents
We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced environment for learning inside and outdoors. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team.
You are very welcome to come and visit, by appointment, or phone the headteacher (Julian Grenier) for an informal discussion on 020 8553 2479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply, please ensure that you are available for the selection process on Friday 9th December at Sheringham Nursery School. Make sure that you complete a full application statement. No CVs and no agencies please.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
• Deadline for applications: 28th November 2022
• Shortlisting: 29th November 2022
• Interviews: Morning of Friday 9th December 2022