OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE
Adamsrill Primary School is a growing two-form entry school situated in the heart of Sydenham in Lewisham. Adamsrill’s utmost priority is our commitment to ensuring all children succeed. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Adamsrill Primary School in London. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
WHY CHOOSE US
Adamsrill Primary School is a Good-rated school based in Lewisham. You’ll enjoy a career that offers so much more. A career with a purpose that you can shape and believe in. An inclusive environment, where you can always be the true you and feel championed, heard, and supported. Where you’ll grow, collaborate and learn something new, each and every day. By connecting with others, right across our school, you’ll be part of an inspiring community, all working together to make an impact that matters – for our pupils, staff, parents, and the wider world.
We understand how important staff wellbeing is in the current challenging environment, therefore our school offers a professional Employee Assistant Programme that provides a confidential freephone helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for school employees to receive expert advice on personal, family, financial and legal matters. Lewisham local authority also offers a cycle loan scheme which is an excellent opportunity to acquire a brand new cycle for work.
Our school is set in a well-connected city location and situated close to the main Sydenham road (5min walk) and Sydenham & Lower Sydenham overground train stations which are 15min walk. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
• SC3 point 5-6 £26,193 - £26,625 pa pro rata, Actual salary £17,703 – £18,000 annual Salary
• Weekly hours 27.5
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as professional Employee Assistant Programme
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
• Courteous pupils and staff.
• Free parking.
• Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
• Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
• Accompanying groups on trips.
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• NVQ 2 in teaching assistance or equivalent qualifications or experience
• Good numeracy/literacy skills
• Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme• Previous administration or childcare experience.
• a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• a can-do attitude.
• a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Adamsrill Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, overseas checks if applicable, and receipt of satisfactory references.
Original evidence of the right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits, or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Adamsrill Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
You can apply by visiting the following link
Deadline: 30th November 2022