This is an exciting opportunity to join an inclusive team with our vision to improve individuals' lives.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
- To plan balanced menus in accordance with the needs of the Day Service including consideration of dietary needs of individuals and varied cultural and religious backgrounds.
- To maintain high standards of food hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen in accordance with domestic and catering standards / Safer food better business guidelines.
- To order supplies and ensure their hygienic storage in accordance with domestic and catering standards / Safer food better business guidelines.
- To be responsible for supervising all staff working in the kitchen where appropriate.
- To contribute to a working environment which supports equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of individuals, supporting dietary requirements and individual preferences. You will be supported by a dynamic team in a welcoming environment.
We are looking for you to hold Level 2 Food Safety and experience of working in a commercial catering environment.
Hertfordshire County Council offer a range of employee benefits, which include shopping discounts, childcare vouchers, purchased annual leave scheme, Christmas savings club and health and well-being support.
Closing Date: 8 December 2022
Interview Date: 14 December 2022
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Jacqueline Antoine / Nicole Moran 01442 454700