We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic person to join the team here at Brierley! Sense of humour is a must as well as a great team work ethic.
Hours of work will be: (but are not limited to)
7.30am-9am Mon-Fri (7.5 hrs per week)
Your Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all school facilities are in excellent and safe condition, with the highest possible standards of cleanliness for use by pupils, staff and visitors.
- Site management and maintenance, repairs, grounds and contractors.
- Complete statutory checks for legionella, asbestos, fire safety etc. as required.
- Undertake care-taking duties on a daily basis. Including cleaning, playground checks and stocking bathrooms and classrooms.
- Complete Health & Safety related checks daily, weekly and monthly as required.
- To carry out duties in the most effective, efficient and economic manner available and to manage the school building budget.
- To carry out routine maintenance and basic repairs during the school day and monitor major works during the school holidays.
- Be required to manage the work of contractors on site and monitor services provided externally, such as cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- You will also be responsible along with the School Business Manager, for the use of the school’s facilities out of school hours, including evenings and weekends- To carry out these important responsibilities the Site Manager will be on site throughout term time and holidays will be taken during school holidays.
- The person appointed will have knowledge and skills relating to buildings maintenance and health and safety requirements in public buildings.
- Experience and skills to carry out repairs and minor building work is essential.
- Commitment and attention to detail are required in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness in a busy crowded environment.
- Positive and supportive relationships with staff and children are essential
- Be able to multi-task and provide a friendly service to all stakeholders.
The establishment is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the safety and welfare of young people. Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All applicants MUST complete a Cheshire east application form prior to interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,092-£21,748 per year pro rata.