Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG5: £24,496 per annum pro rata
Location: Based in Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, term time only
Closing date: Wednesday 04 January 2023
Ashcombe Children Centre Nursery is an OFSTED Outstanding 60 place nursery for 2-4 year olds. As part of Ashcombe Children’s Centre, the nursery meets the needs of the community and wider area.
The successful candidate will understand and value the importance of providing outstanding learning and care in a fun environment, giving children a positive and successful start in life. They will need to work effectively as part of a committed nursery team whilst demonstrating initiative, good organisational skills and an ability to work independently.
Working as a Room Lead – leading the team, deploying staff, responsible for quality improvement, safety within the room. Skills in leadership, safeguarding and inclusion are beneficial.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated early years professional to lead the pre-school room at Ashcombe Children’s Centre Nursery ensuring high quality child-centred care and learning for all children who attend has:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Years and Care
- Experience of working in an Early Years Child Care setting, in particular with children aged 2 years.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to build relationships with children and families
- Knowledge of the EYFS
- Knowledge and understanding of both child protection and working inclusively with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- The capability to effectively plan to support children’s progress and meet both the needs and interests of key children.
- English and Maths GCSE level C or above or equivalent is desirable.
The nursery has a strong commitment to CPD, we have many employment benefits and a great work family, who are privileged to make a difference to young lives every day!
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Lucy Thie, Nursery Manager on 01934 426807.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 11 January 2023
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.