Help to make a difference to someone's life and help them to become a part of their community.
Help people with a disability to fulfil their career aspirations.
We are looking for better ways of doing things, you can make a big impact on what we do, so you will be trusted to take ownership of your work.
We want to expand and increase pathways to employment and career opportunities for people we support.
We want to deliver a better today. And create a better tomorrow for vulnerable people.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team…
Breakthrough currently supports people with a learning disability and people with an autism diagnosis into employment.
We are a small team who work closely and are committed to finding and supporting people into range of employment outcomes. The work can be challenging but it is equally rewarding, knowing that you have helped to make a difference to someone's life
Every day is different.
We are realistic but keen that the people we support are helped to achieve their career goals and aspirations, improve independence, confidence and be part of the community.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- You will be supported to gain a qualification in Supported Employment Level 3 Certificate.
- Identify sources of local labour market intelligence.
- Work with local employers in identifying and addressing skills needs and employment possibilities for people referred to the service (temporary, part time, full time, host employers for Supported Internships and more)
- Engage with schools and adult education providers to offer supported employment to young people wo are approaching adulthood to reflect PfA outcomes.
- Ensure that action plans, SMART targets, reviews, and monitoring of any type of work takes place in a timely manner.
The benefits you will experience are…
- A good office location, with travel links and the regenerated town centre within walking distance.
- Range of benefits choices including buying and selling leave, shopping vouchers, and reduced gym membership.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including flexi-time scheme.
What we're looking for…
We are looking for someone with good communication skills who can demonstrate effective networking and negotiating skills.
You will need to confident, reliable, and committed to delivering a range of employment outcomes for people referred to the service.
We are looking for someone who understands the model of equal opportunities and a diverse workforce.
Interviews will be held on 12th December 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Karen Scott, Team Leader - Breakthrough; Phone Number: 01344 354291 / 07876 502 879
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
No agencies please.