Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have great administrative skills and excellent customer service?
The SEN School Transport team work closely with some of Hertfordshire’s most vulnerable young people and their families, schools, colleges and internal & external partners to individually assess applications for transport for children and young people (up to the age of 25) with Education Health Care Plans (EHCP).
The SEN Transport team, work within the Admissions and Transport department. The team individually assess applications for transport support for young people and advise the families about the available options.
The role requires working with an individual caseload within a cohesive and supportive team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret and implement transport policies successfully and consistently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service
- Work consistently to a high standard
- Confident in advising via phone
- Competent using Microsoft Office packages and general familiarity with IT
The role also includes regular contact with schools, parents and other professionals and working closely with the Contracts Management team who are responsible for arranging the transport contracts.
Given the vulnerability of many children and their families; tact, courtesy, discretion and empathy are vital attributes. Whilst the SEN Transport team is based at County Hall, Hertford, working from home for part of the week is possible.
You can make a real difference to young people with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in helping them to access education whilst following Home to School policies.
For an informal discussion please contact: Amanda Ruff – 01992 555904