Job Title: Cover Supervisor
Location: St John Plessington Catholic College
Responsible To: Assistant Head Teacher
Salary Grade: Band F, Scale point 12-17 £19,399 - £21,259 (actual)
Contract: This is a full-time, fixed term contract initially until 31/08/2023. This post is 33 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time only plus INSET days).
Start Date: 1st January 2023
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 9th December 2022 at 12.00pm
If you are a dedicated and ambitious individual who has a real passion for HR and thrives on collaboration and innovation, we have an exciting opportunity to offer.
The governors of St John Plessington Catholic College are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor to join our staff team and become an important colleague who ensures that our pupils receive high quality care and support in accessing learning within the classroom in the absence of their teacher. The ability to form strong positive, professional working relationships with pupils and staff colleagues is crucial in this role. The ideal candidate would have a relevant qualification and/or previous experience working with children, although training will be given for the right person. The successful candidate will be extremely well supported, working alongside a passionate team of teachers.
- To act as cover supervisor as effectively and efficiently as possible to ensure continuity of learning for the pupils and to minimise the cover that teachers are required to do.
- To share in the cover for absent non-teaching colleagues if not required to cover for teachers.
- To build up a bank of suitable material which could be used with classes where the teacher is unable to provide it.
- To undertake additional duties that may arise out of changes in the department routine curriculum or as part of the wider College team.
- To be flexible and willing to work with staff to improve teaching and learning.
- To attend relevant courses, particularly in relation to Safeguarding, Health and Safety and deal with any immediate emergencies in accordance with the College policies and procedures to ensure that student / employee safety is assured.
- Manage the behaviour of the students whilst they are undertaking their work, to ensure a constructive environment.
- A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which is one of 87 national teaching school hubs and includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
- Mentoring and high level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- Inclusion in whole school and MAT teams – working together to achieve ambitious outcomes whilst valuing every individual’s contribution
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Holy Family Multi Academy Trust will undertake general online searches for all shortlisted candidates, this may include social media and video platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. Online searches will only examine data that is publicly available, and the aim is to identify any incidents or issues. Any areas of concern will be discussed during the interview process.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and completed application form for the attention of Ms M Sharratt, Headteacher, to email@example.com. For further information please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section on our website www.hfcmat.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability.
St John Plessington Catholic College
Old Chester Road
Tel: 0151 645 5049