Are you a strong leader with a passion for making sure residents live in buildings where fire risks have been identified and mitigated? Do you have substantial experience of contractor, stakeholder and resident relationship management and a technical understanding of fire safety regulation? If so, then we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for a Fire Risk Operations Manager in Assets and Sustainability with complementary skillsets - the ability to both lead a team, building a strong culture of high performance, while holding a solid underpinning of technical knowledge and ability to ensure our buildings are compliant.
You will lead the Fire Safety team who are responsible for the delivery of fire risk services across NHG's property portfolio. You'll be accountable for the end-to-end Fire Risk Assessment process, ensuring buildings requiring an FRA are on contract and making sure FRAs and remedial actions are completed on time.
We're currently procuring a new framework of contractors to deliver FRA remedial works, so you'll be responsible for making sure those new contracts are mobilised and managed well.
As an internal expert for effective fire risk management, you'll work closely with stakeholders both within and outside of NHG to ensure statutory, regulatory and corporate standards are met and you'll act as the point of contact for escalated enquiries.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to build on your experience of leading a team, to support and develop others and build a strong service that responds to residents. Your experience in performance management and building a clear team identity and positive culture will be essential. You'll bring experience of managing contractor relationships and building connections with residents, while experience in procurement is useful. Resident safety will be your top priority while making sure that work carried out offers value for money. You'll work alongside operational colleagues to co-ordinate planned investments in our buildings that have a positive impact on fire safety.
There are opportunities within Assets and Sustainability to further develop your career in compliance, to learn more about how our business operates and showcase your ability to build relationships in a supportive and vibrant environment.
You will spend your time at our London Head Office (Kings Cross) and other locations as necessary to get the job done. A willingness to travel and be flexible is vital.
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x 4 annual salary
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on 7 December 2022.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via to discuss your requirements.