2 x Tenancy Support Worker – Resettlement
Housing and Estates Management
Fixed Term Contract – 2 years
Full-time, 37 hours per week
NS7 £24,496 - £25,878 per annum
To help us to continue to deliver on our commitment to supporting resettled individuals and families in Newark and Sherwood District, we are now recruiting for two people to join our team in the role of Tenancy Support Worker – Resettlement on a fixed term contract for up to two years.
In this role, you will support individuals and families to maintain and secure accommodation, and to access and navigate essential services and rehousing options support. You will ensure that the Council’s temporary accommodation units are effectively managed and that households in this
accommodation and other public/private tenures are supported to access and sustain accommodation and will also assist the Council to discharge its homelessness duties and in the prevention of homelessness.
We can offer a competitive salary and, in addition, you’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible and agile working, a generous holiday allowance that increases with service, £10 gym membership and a very competitive occupational pension. In addition, you will be joining a professional, compassionate and experienced team.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have previous experience providing housing related to support to clients and the general public
- Have experience in managing their own caseload
- Have experience in working with tenants / residents to adhere to conditions in their licence / tenancy agreement
- Have knowledge of welfare benefits, rights and income maximisation
You will also have excellent communications skills, be self-motivated and able to remain calm in difficult situations and to maintain a confidential, diplomatic and sensitive approach to customers’ needs.
You will undertake a range of duties including (but not limited to):
- Supporting residents with queries relating to their placement / accommodation
- Support residents with paperwork relating to any claims for any registration or applications and navigating key areas of education, employment, health, housing and community support
- Undertaking accommodation checks and safeguarding visits
- Closely working with other partners and agencies to support successful move on to alternative / settled accommodation
- Assist Housing Options Officers in allocating empty units of accommodation
- To assess the risk and support needs of residents
- Complete and issue any enforcement notices, court paperwork/statements as required, representing the Council in court if necessary
For more information, or for an information discussion about the role, please contact Maria Cook – Assistant Business Manager Housing and Estates Management on 01636 655456 or at email@example.com
Veterans/family of forces/ex-forces, those in care/care leavers, and candidates who declare a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria of the post as detailed in the Person Specification on their application form.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th December 2022
Interview: 21st December 2022