Support Worker - Full Time (£22,758 pa)
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic and resilient people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to promote and enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
We currently have excellent opportunities for Support Care Workers to join the team at one of our registered care homes providing support for eight individuals with learning disabilities, some of whom also have physical disabilities.
Based in an easy to access area of Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire near shops and local amenities you will work alongside a friendly and supportive team and the care and support you provide will make a real difference to their lives and help them on their journey to independent living, job satisfaction does not get better than that.
As a Support Worker you will work shifts and;
- Provide appropriate support to service users who are living in their own homes to enable them to support their aspirations and maximise their independence
- You will be providing personal care, with some hoisting (full training will be given) and you will be involved in promoting life skills such as shopping, and supporting activities both inside and outside the home
- You will become a companion, helping plan for and accompany them on holidays or trips in the local community
- Supporting with domestic tasks such as cooking meals and cleaning within the home
- Under supervision you may administer medication (full training will be given)
- Build long lasting support relationships with people who will benefit from you "being the difference".
- Create and follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs.
You donotneed sector experience as we provide an excellent structured induction, comprehensive training and on the job support to enable you to excel within your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification as well as gain experience and exposure to the wider care support Hightown offers.
We are looking for passionate people who really care about others and have a`can-do, common senseattitude to their life and who aredrivenby the desire to make a difference to real lives. You will work well in a team and have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of the people you care for and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota and preferably you will have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work but this is not essential.
Additionally you will also be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system, 8 hour shifts 5 days per week which with alternate weekend and bank holiday working;
- Typical hours 0730-1530 & 1400-2200
- Sleep in duties; average 4 over a 4 week period
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work and demonstrate resilience in a challenging, but rewarding environment
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with mental disabilities
At Hightown, we`re a charitable housing association that builds homes and supports people. We provide affordable homes and a wide range of care and supported housing services across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our aim is to deliver demonstrable social value and impact in all of our activities.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free car park onsite
- Fully paid DBS
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus and annual salary and cost of living review
- Ongoing professional development and training to help you deliver outstanding support
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Employee assistance helpline
How to apply
Unfortunately at this time Hightown Housing Association cannot offer visa sponsorship and all applicants will need to demonstrate the right to work in the UK,
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.