TEMPORARY ONE TO ONE SUPPORT TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 2
+ SEN ALLOWANCE
Pay Band D / SCP 5 – 6
£21,575 - £21,968 pro rata per annum
Plus an SEN allowance of £1,401 pro rata per annum
[Actual Salary: £13,254 - £13,495 per annum plus actual SEN of £861 per annum]
25 hours per week / Term Time only
Temporary pupil support contract linked to a Year 1 child with educational and communication needs.
The working pattern will be 9am to 3pm, with 1 hour lunch (this may require some flexibility.
The role will include working with the child to support them in the following ways:
- Develop both their understanding and use of their language and support their development of a functional communication system.
- To support the child in using Makaton as a form of communication.
- Develop their mobility and coordination.
- Support the child in engaging with others.
- Develop the child’s level of self-help skill and independence, within the scope of his health and medical needs.
- Contribute to and take a lead role in the provision of a physically safe, accessible and supportive educational environment in which the child’s physical, and communication needs are supported.
- To plan/enhance provision to meet sensory needs along with class teacher.
This is a great opportunity to work in a school with a welcoming team who are dedicated to:
- Providing an exciting and enriched curriculum
- Raising standards in teaching and learning
- Enabling all of our children to achieve their full potential
You must hold an NVQ2 for Teaching Assistants or be working towards it, have strong behaviour management skills and be able to use ICT to support learning. You must also hold a Level 1 qualification in Maths and English. Experience of SEN & Makaton would be desirable.
St Columba’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post is subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1774.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2022.
How to apply
Application packs can be found on our website www.stcolumbasknowsley.co.uk
Completed application forms should be returned via email to email@example.com and marked for the attention of D Askew (School Business Manager)
Closing date: Wednesday 11 January 2023
Shortlisting: Thursday 12 January 2023
Observations & Interviews: Thursday 19 January 2023