Job Title: Project Officer - Hertfordshire LEADS & Building Futures
Salary Range: £27,344 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £30,151 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
It’s an exciting time for Hertfordshire LEADS - Landscape, Ecology, Archaeology, Design and Sustainability. We help planning authorities across the county to meet local needs for housing, jobs and infrastructure whilst protecting and enhancing the ecology, landscape and historic environment that make Hertfordshire such a special and varied place.
We also host the Hertfordshire Building Futures sustainable development initiative, that brings together key industry stakeholders from across the public and private sectors, committed to the delivery of beautiful, high quality, and sustainable buildings and places for successful communities.
Hertfordshire Council’s vision is to create a cleaner, greener and healthier Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire will continue to be the county of opportunity for all, a place where our people thrive, our places prosper, and our planet is protected.
Hertfordshire LEADS is the technical centre which sits in the Environmental Sustainability section of the Sustainable Growth Directorate. We are looking for a Project Officer (PO) to join us to support the delivery of two key service areas:
- The LEADS service that provides Landscape, Ecology, Archaeology, Design and Sustainability advice to local planning authorities, to inform the preparation of Local Development Plans and the determination of planning applications.
- The Building Futures sustainable development initiative and its four key resources:
The post holder will be responsible for writing project briefs, stakeholder engagement, the procurement of consultancy support, and programme/event planning and management.
You’ll get involved with:
- Assisting in the management and monitoring of service level agreements between the County Council and its service users and provide administrative support to the team enabling effective service delivery
- Assisting and supporting the Building Futures Team Leader, to engage and communicate with a diverse partnership of stakeholders including local planning authorities, developers, and other key industry stakeholders.
- Assisting in the procurement and management of consultancy support for design review and planning advisory services
- Leading on the arrangement of design review meetings, workshops and enabling services
- Assisting in event planning and management for conference and awards
- Assisting in the review and update of online design guidance
Technical skills and qualifications required for the role:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates effective project management and IT skills
- Undertakes research and analysis using best practice and delivers appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrates effective organisational skills and prioritises activities to meet tight deadlines
- Delivers professional change management support to enable the organisation to build on previous learning
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication skills
- Positive approach to solving problems creatively
You can help to provide the resources that will enable cross sector collaboration, and joint working, raising the profile and delivery of beautiful, sustainable, building design and placemaking, for thriving communities in Hertfordshire.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th December 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing Tuesday 3rd January 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Jennifer Owen, Landscape & Building Futures Team Leader on 01992 555205