St Nicholas Catholic High School is a mixed catholic secondary school and sixth form for pupils aged 11-18. It is located in Northwich, Cheshire, and caters for approximately 1,250 pupils.
The school opened as a secondary modern in 1965, becoming a comprehensive school in 1972. It is a voluntary-aided school.
Values and vision
As a Catholic School, Gospel values permeate all the work undertaken in St Nicholas Catholic High School. As a Christian community, the school strives to uphold strong spiritual and moral values, both in and outside the classroom. St Nicholas school is based on very clear aims and foundational principles; we aspire to live, learn and work together in the way exemplified to us by the life of Jesus Christ. Our declared mission is to let our God-given talents shine and to embrace the Gospel and its teachings.
“St Nicholas Catholic High is an Ofsted rated good school. There has been a rising trend of attainment since the previous inspection and data provided by the school on current performance suggest that this has not only been sustained but, indeed, improved upon.
“Learning and progress are good for most groups across the school, including for those students with special educational needs and/or disabilities. Students' achievement is therefore outstanding.”
Leisure Assistant - AA:AE:7131
Part time casual contract, working hours will vary dependent on bookings
between 5.00-10.00pm Monday to Friday and potentially weekends.
Hours to be agreed in advance on a termly basis.
Grade 3 - £10.60 per hour
The governors of St Nicholas Catholic High School are looking to appoint a reliable, independent, and enthusiastic individual to undertake this new role, which will involve supervising the hire of the school facilities including the sports hall during weekday evenings and weekends. The role will involve
- Assisting local community groups/clubs to ensure they have the best experience possible. Welcome and provide a point of contact for all users during their booking.
- Oversee the opening and closing down of the premises, ensuring all lights are switched off, doors and windows are locked, and any necessary alarms are set.
- Actively maintain the security of the school facilities by ensuring that all entrances and exits remain secure and that access to the facilities is only given to current hirers and members of their groups.
- Ensure all equipment is checked so that hirers and their members stay safe on site
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness on site at all times.
Please refer to the attached job description and people specification, also available from our school website https://st-nicholas.cheshire.sch.uk/.
Please note, the role does not involve responsibility for taking bookings and payments.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 10 February 2023
Our school is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please refer to the school’s safeguarding policy on the school website here https://st-nicholas.cheshire.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Child-Protection-Safeguarding-Policy-2022.pdf
As a result, we would like to draw the following safe recruitment checks to your attention:
- All appointments are made subject to:
- An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check
- Checks of professional status where applicable.
- Confirmation of professional qualifications, where applicable.
- Receipt of suitable references (if not received by the time of interview); and
- Medical clearance
- Online vetting check
- We only accept applications completed on the Catholic Education Service Application Form with a covering letter. Please do not send CVs or open testimonials.
Please ensure that the application form is completed in full. In particular, you must ensure that a full work history is provided and that any gaps in your employment are fully explained.
- The referees cited in your application form must include your current or most recent employer. If your last employment was in a school, we would expect a reference from the Headteacher and/or Deputy/Assistant Headteacher.
- When seeking references, we will request information about your suitability to work with children.
- If you are shortlisted, an online vetting check of your name will be completed from information publicly available online. This information will be passed to the interviewing panel for consideration and discussion during interview including any anomalies in the application form, where applicable.
Procedure for Application:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy please complete the application form, including names and addresses of two referees, and submit a concise letter of application.
Completed applications should be returned to the HR Officer, Mrs Dawn Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 9am on Friday 10 February 2023.
Please note that we are happy to arrange visits to school for prospective candidates before short-listing has taken place. Also if you wish to have an informal discussion about the post in advance of your application, or if you require any further details, please contact Mrs Dawn Poole email@example.com