Approx 550 hours per annum
Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School, an oversubscribed high performing co-educational school of 950 in Reading West, has a vacancy for a Clerk to the Governing Body.
This role is crucial in supporting Governors to carry out their responsibilities and requires someone with excellent communication, literacy, IT and administrative skills.
The Clerk to the Governors is responsible for providing high level advice to the Governing Body on constitution, governance and procedural matters as well as providing effective administrative support including arranging meetings, taking minutes, keeping records and advising on local and national developments that will impact Governor’s work.
The Clerk will closely with our Co-Chairs of Governors and it is essential that they are proactive and manage day to day issues that arise whilst keeping the Co-Chairs fully informed.
The role allows for a mixture of school based work and working from home. Currently the Governing Body meetings (7 per year) are held in person whilst the majority of other meetings are held on Teams.
Training for Clerks is provided by the local authority, as well as opportunities to network with other Clerks.
- Are interested in this role and joining our school community
- Are able to work collaboratively and supportively as part of a team and build relevant external networks with the school, Diocese and Local Authority
- Have good listening, oral, literacy and IT skills
- Are proactive, flexible, self-motivated, able to use your own initiative, organise time effectively and meet deadlines
- Have good administrative and organisational skills in minute taking, record keeping, information management and keeping various partners and governors up to date
- Are able to develop your own knowledge of relevant educational and statutory information
- Can operate with integrity, confidentiality and impartiality
- Are open to change and learning, including your own personal professional development
…we would love you to hear from you
Our Co-Chairs of Governors would welcome the opportunity to discuss the role in more details and can be contacted via Karyn Stiles, HR Officer – email@example.com
An application form can be downloaded from our website: https://www.hughfaringdon.org/
You can also submit your application via the upload application link on our website.
Closing Date – 13 December 2022