Our Grantham Children’s home are looking for a creative, innovative and resourceful Residential Care Home Cook to join our highly passionate and dedicated care team who provide a safe, nurturing and caring environment for children and young people with a range of severe and complex disabilities.
The position is for 20 hours per week with the option of additional hours, and you will be required to work flexibly to meet the needs of a 24 hour service; hours rostered over weekdays, weekends and school holidays. In an emergency, bank holiday cover may be required.
As a Residential Care home cook you will be an integral part of the team. You will need to be prepared to develop positive relationships with all our children and young people, gain an understanding of their individual needs, ensuring to have compassion and empathy at all times. You will have;
- Responsibility for planning and preparing weekly menus for both staff and young people
- To prepare and understand healthy, varied, freshly made meals for a range of dietary requirements; Vegetarian, Halal and coeliac, as well as other specific dietary requirements.
- Be in charge of purchasing all food required within the home
- To keep accurate records and follow basic food hygiene standards
- To Maintain and undertake the daily and weekly cleaning tasks within the Kitchen area
All cooks must work within our core values: kindness, nurture, care, respect, empathy and compassion. We will provide you with the necessary training that you will need to fulfil your role and support you through a full induction program; To apply you will need to be;
- A good team player.
- Good home cooking skills.
- Be ready to adapt menus for the needs of the home.
- Undertake mandatory training.
We would like to invite you to join our team in a role that provides variety and challenge, where no two days are the same. This role offers opportunities for personal learning and growth to enable you to achieve the expected professional standards of a Residential Care home cook.
Catering Qualifications would be a benefit but not essential for this role.
For more information on what Lincolnshire County Council has to offer please click on the following link:
rewards and benefits
For a confidential and informal discussion about the role please contact Gemma Hart on 01476 564283 or alternatively email email@example.com
As part of the interview and selection process you will be required to demonstrate your cooking ability.