Year 1 Class Teacher
The Lime Trust is looking for a Class Teacher to join their team. The Lime Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 Special and 4 Primary in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
Lime Academy Abbotsmede is a two form entry primary school in the centre of Peterborough. The age range of the pupils attending the setting is 2 years to 11 years as the school has its own Nursery classroom on site. Lime Academy Abbotsmede is a multicultural setting. Our pupils come from rich cultural and linguistic backgrounds. We are very proud to have such a diverse intake of pupils. We learn so much from each other and it makes the school the vibrant, exciting place that it is. You can find out more about Lime Academy Abbotsmede and watch a short video showcasing our school on our website: http://limeacademyabbotsmede.org/
The salary for this post will be paid in accordance with teachers pay and conditions.
As a teacher this a unique and exciting opportunity to join our growing Trust and to help create an exceptional learning experience for pupils within our school. You will be responsible planning and delivering lessons predominately in the core subjects to support our current Year 1 cohort.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners’ first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate will have:
- A positive can-do attitude
- A commitment to driving standards of performance
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Resilience, humour and a sense of moral purpose
- Responsibility for creating a positive and safe learning environment to nurture pupils’ development
Our aim is to provide our pupils with the best possible opportunities to succeed with future goals and aspirations. We strive to ensure our pupils reach their full potential. The individual child is at the heart of all we do and we always inspire children to achieve the highest level.
If you are passionate about education and have the energy, drive and desire to motivate our pupils and ensure they achieve the best possible outcomes, this could be the right job for you.
- IT equipment (relevant to the post)
- Well-being support including online resources/app/initiatives
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for further career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- Membership of a generous pension scheme (LGPS or TPS)
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job-sharing/Part-time working
- Term-time working
- Career break
- Supportive Special Leave requests
- Subsidised school meals
- Subsidised childcare (offered on some sites)
- Closing date: 3rd January 2023 at 10.00am
- Shortlisting: 4th January 2023
- Interviews: TBC
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.