Job Title: Learning Assistant
Location: St John Plessington Catholic College
Responsible To: SENDCO
Salary Grade: Band D, Scale point 6-7 £15,632 - £15,944 (actual)
Contract: This is a full-time, fixed-term contract initially until 31/08/2023. This post is 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time only plus INSET days).
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th December 2022 at 12.00pm
We are looking for an enthusiastic Learning Assistant to support our teachers in delivering high quality learning. The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification and/or previous experience working with children, although training will be given for the right person.
St John Plessington Catholic College Voluntary Academy is an outstanding and oversubscribed 11-18 College. In 2018 the College again achieved a SSAT Award for Exceptional student KS4 attainment in recognition of being in the top 20% of schools nationally. It is the lead school in the Inspire Teaching Teaching School Hub.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support our teachers in delivering high quality learning. The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification and/or previous experience working with children, although training will be given for the right person.
The successful candidate will be extremely well supported, working alongside a passionate team of teachers and support staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote students' development in a safe, secure, challenging environment
- To meet the physical/medical needs of the student according to a student’s individual care plan whilst encouraging independence wherever possible
- To develop an understanding of the student's specific needs in order to help them learn as effectively as possible
- To encourage inclusion within the classroom
- To display students' work to reflect their achievement
- To encourage good personal hygiene and assist with necessary self-help skills To facilitate small group interventions as directed by the SENDCO (homework club, social skills etc.)
We can offer you:
- A supportive, friendly working environment
- A team committed to supporting professional development
- Enthusiastic young people who love coming to school
- An experienced and motivated staff team A school with high aspirations for its students and staff
We would like you to:
- Be a positive role model for all members of the school community
- Be able to work well with young children and confident in establishing secure relationships
- Have high expectations of yourself and our students
- Be able to work flexibly as part of a team
St John Plessington Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a requirement for the successful applicant to undertake a school issued Enhanced DBS check.
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Holy Family Multi Academy Trust will undertake general online searches for all shortlisted candidates, this may include social media and video platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and You Tube. Online searches will only examine data that is publicly available, and the aim is to identify any incidents or issues. Any areas of concern will be discussed during the interview process.
For further details please see the documents attached to this advert or our website www.hfcmat.com. All applications should be made on the CES application form CVs are not acceptable.
Please submit your application for the attention of Ms M Sharratt, Headteacher. Applications with a cover letter should be submitted via email as soon as possible to email@example.com.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability.
St John Plessington Catholic College
Old Chester Road
Tel: 0151 645 5049