Here at Dartford we are proud to lead by example in understanding and supporting our community. We work hard to deliver what they want and need. While we have delivered a great deal, becoming not only a great place to live, but to invest, there is much more we want to do for our Borough and our people.
In the last 10 years, Dartford has seen the largest population growth of any borough in the South East. With our communities diversifying and developing at speed it is now more important than ever for us to keep in touch with their changing needs and to develop a Community Development programme that supports them. We have an excellent community development team in place and we are now looking for an exceptional person to lead that team.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- To provide dynamic and strategic leadership for the council’s community development team
- To work with members and the Leadership Team to set the strategic direction for Community Development
- To develop and maintain a sound understanding of our community and its needs
- To develop, lead and implement cultural and community development programmes to support and enrich residents’ lives
- To build strong networks and partnerships across the community
Dartford Borough Council firmly believes in bringing communities together through culture and events as well as through the range of excellent arts, sports and community venues run by partner organisations across the Borough. Whether you are from the public, private or voluntary sector, if you have experience of leading a high performing team and building and maintaining strong, active networks throughout the community then we’d like to hear from you.
Hybrid Working is available
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the advertised closing date. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.