We are seeking a Grounds Maintenance Operative to join our team. The role will involve working within the Street Scene department within the Ground’s Maintenance section, based at the Warley Depot.
The successful applicant will work in designated areas throughout the borough, and will assist in the ground’s maintenance and cleansing of a wide range of council’s public spaces, open spaces, cemeteries and parks.
The key skills required are as follows, however full details can be found within the job description and person specification attached.
- Current Driving Licence
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- High level of flexibility, positive can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of sophisticated mowing equipment and handheld equipment such as strimmer’s, hedge cutters and other horticultural equipment
- Experience in grounds maintenance works, such as pruning weeding, planting
- Training in the use of ride on mowers desirable.
- Experience in grounds maintenance or street care.
For an informal discussion please contact Tracey Lynch on 01277312701
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.